Friday, May 21, 2010

The Palm Readers- This thin line between Sanity and insanity.

And there she read,

Held in her little hands,mine,

Trying to figure out,

Those beautiful time lines.

Some so thick some so thin,

Some so blur, some so clear.

After reading for so long.

As if she understood,

She said.

'Dear,I can read read them all

These time lines say-

That You will be a star

Your future is so bright

I will bee yours and you mine

Forever and forever.

'But,

Things aren't that easY,

You will have to work hard

And the world is yours.

Everything will be so fine.'

Stars do work hard,don't they?

Everbody do,don't they?

I asked.

'For they have to shine bright

For the heat and eternal light

And,

I took those little hands in mine

Trying to figure out her time line

As if they were mine

But I didn't have this gift

Gift to read those lines

And

I said,

'Honey,I am so sorry

Nothing I can understand

Though I can see them so clear.

'Its all right',she said.

And there was this time,

When I whispered into her ear-

'Honey,u didn't mean it,did you?

When you said you would be mine.

When you said I could be a star.

That my future is so bright.

But a secret to say as I part.

you missed those lines dear.

Lines so thin but so clear

One of them between

Sanity and insanity.

I knew it for so long,

The rhythm and rhyme of life song.

For there was this little kid-

Who held my little hands in his

And said-

'Brother, I am so pleased

I can read these time lines.

Not only read, feel them so near.

All of them, all so clear.

Brother,

I can read read them all

These time lines say-

That You will be a star

Your future is so bright

Your future is so full of light

But,

Things aren't that easY,

You will have to work more.

And the world is yours.

Everything will be so fine.

I am yours and you are mine.

Forever and forever.

You will have to work hard.

And Stars work hard,don't they?

Everbody does,don't they?

He asked.

He read and then left,

Whispered into my ear and said

Oh brother,

I am so sorry.

I didn't tell about those darkest lines.

Darkest of the darks, so clear

We will no more be together.

We shall be so close, still so apart.

But I did mean it when I said

That you are a star.

And there are these other stars

Trying to shine so bright but can't

But Don’t have that light

Time for their salvation brother

Help them shine so bright

Shine bright just like you

And its you, you to do that

And he was gone.

But got into my mind.

Forever and forever.

She was not there

she never got into my mind

He says again,again and again

the voice deep down my head.

Remember brother, remember.

You have this unique time line.

Time line so thin but still so clear.

Which shall take you between,

Sanity and insanity

And remember forever,

You have to shine so bright.

That you have to save yourself

to save those other lights

Help them shine so bright.

Shine bright just like you.

That's how I know,

Its not a curse, but a pride

Very few in the world have

This thin line between

Sanity and insanity.



Suresh Jyotipunja

No comments: